Anyone who runs an online business, blog, or affiliate site has the same basic goal: drive visitors to their site and then make sure they take action. A landing page has always been one of the most effective ways to quickly capture a visitor’s information and gently nudge them on the path to purchasing your product or service. The key elements of a successful landing page are a well-written headline, a captivating offer, and a CTA.
However, building a landing page from scratch can be a bit challenging! Luckily, there are dozens of landing page builders at your disposal that will help you quickly launch a well-designed and high-converting landing page.
The right tools can make all the difference in the success of your online business or affiliate site. If you want to build a landing page that converts, we’re here to share which tools can help make it happen! Each landing page builder software on our list has its unique features, and we’ll show you all the pros, cons, and pricing of each tool.
What Are Landing Page Builders?
You may have a website that attracts visitors, but doesn’t perform well in terms of conversions. If you sell products on your website, then it’s important to include attractive photos, a compelling story, and lots of supporting information about the product.
However, if you use your websites to run performance marketing campaigns (Facebook Ads or Google Ads), then you should strive for a simple page with few elements. The main aim of the page should be to prompt the visitor to take a specific action: signing up, downloading a PDF, picking up the phone, or clicking the “Buy” button.
This is where landing page software comes in. These tools are usually drag-and-drop, meaning that you can create a page simply by moving elements around. This can help you transform a basic landing page into a page that will convert every visitor into a lead. The best part of a landing page creation tool is that it should include plenty of templates to choose from. So, even if you don’t have any ideas for your page, you can still build a quality one.
The best part about the majority of landing page builders is that you don’t need to have a website to use the tool. Some software, such as ClickFunnels, is an excellent alternative to making a website. As long as you have a domain name, you can use the tool to create a landing page (or multiple pages) and even make a full website that can capture leads and accept transactions.
Who Are Landing Page Builders Suitable for?
Are you unsure whether a landing page builder is the right tool for you? Truth be told, not everyone needs to use landing page software. But here are some cases when this tool can be extremely beneficial to your business. You should use a page builder if you are:
- An entrepreneur or marketer running performance marketing campaigns. All those who run Facebook Ads or Google Ads campaign should be using landing page software. This way, they’ll be able to run experiments rapidly and reduce your cost of acquisition to a profitable number.
- An owner of an e-commerce company. It is well known that e-commerce companies spend a lot of money on paid ads, making them a prime customer for landing page builders.
- Marketers, product managers and entrepreneurs who need A/B testing. Purchasing an A/B testing tool can be quite expensive. If you are looking for a software that can help you test your CTAs or even some new features, landing page software is by far the easiest (and the most affordable) way to do it.
- Offering very expensive items or services. If the aim of your website is to sell something very expensive (e.g., consulting services), you need to add plenty of testimonials, proof points, and product/service information. Since traditional home pages shouldn’t be too long, a landing page builder can come in handy. Sales pages for expensive items/services need to be robust. Landing page builders will not only allow you to make the page but also carry out A/B tests to maximize performance.
10 Top Landing Page Builders in 2021
ClickFunnels is one of the best landing page builders for businesses. This software is widely known for its excellent features and ease of use. However, it is important to note that ClickFunnels is not for everyone. Those who are running a later stage business would probably be better off with another, more sophisticated tool.
However, entrepreneurs in the coaching, information, and lead generation space have been running their funnels with ClickFunnels for years. All those who are in the business of selling online content or are looking to start a blog business should definitely try out ClickFunnels.
- Easy-to-use landing page builder;
- Provides an out of the box solution for beginners;
- One of the best options for generating leads, generating sales, and running an online event;
- Comes with a variety of pre-built funnels, from billing pages to opt-in pages;
- A/B testing feature is included. on the platform.
- Offers fewer customization options than other page builders;
- Fewer features are included than in other enterprise-grade software.
ClickFunnels offers multiple plans. The classic ClickFunnels plan costs $97/month; the Platinum plan can be purchased for $297/month.
Instapage got its name after the tool’s most impressive feature: it allows you to launch a landing page almost instantly. This page building software can be used by businesses at all stages, ranging from solopreneurs to enterprises.
What makes Instapage stand out from all the other landing page builders is that the tool offers more than 200 customizable templates. The templates are designed to meet different goals, from app downloads to webinar registrations and lead generation.
Each template can be customized easily, and all the edits are done visually; there is no need to know how to code at all. All you need to do is drag a block to the desired location and adjust the copy or imagery to your heart’s desire.
Instapage also offers a variety of solutions designed for Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and retargeting. You can use this page builder to tie multiple landing pages and create custom ones that will match the ad campaigns you’re running.
- More than 200 customizable templates available;
- Drag and drop Instablocks ensure ease of use;
- AMP landing pages can be launched directly in the platform;
- Pixel perfect design;
- Simple and straightforward integrations with other platforms.
- Some features are only available on Enterprise plans;
- The Enterprise plan is very pricey.
Instapage offers flexible and customizable plans. The Core Plan costs $99/month, whereas the Business plan costs $149/month if you chose annual payments. Users interested in the Enterprise plan can contact the company for a custom quote. Instapage also offers a free 14-day trial.
If you have a WordPress site, then you should definitely try Elementor, one of the best landing page builders for WordPress websites. The tool has more than 2 million users thanks to its ease of use and pixel-perfect pages.
Elementor is an excellent choice for beginners and professionals alike. However, it is important to keep in mind that Elementor is just a plugin. This means that you can use it to build your landing page, but you will still need to find a theme to use it with. For example, Astra Theme is an excellent choice that was designed to work well with popular page builders like Elementor.
- Page builder plugin built exclusively for WordPress sites;
- Easy to use thanks to the drag-and-drop builder;
- Includes an open-source project for developers, which opens a whole host of innovative landing page tools;
- Pricing increases with the number of sites the software is installed on, not due to features;
- Free, unlimited version of the tool is available to all users.
- The free version lacks advanced features such as widgets, theme builder, and pop-up builder;
- The tool is just a plugin, so users must find a theme to use with it.
Elementor offers its users a free, unlimited plan. The only downside of the plan is that it lacks some of the most advanced features, such as the pop-up builder or widgets. The Personal plan costs $49/year, and the Business plan is $99/year. There is also an Unlimited plan priced at $199/year.
All paid plans include the same features – the only difference is in the number of sites the tool can be installed on.
For more information on this landing page builder, make sure to read our Elementor vs Thrive Architect review.
Unbounce is the perfect landing page tool for marketers who are solely interested in conversions. The idea behind the software is to ensure that its users “un-bounce,” thanks to the effortlessly-developed landing pages that convert like crazy.
Unbounce is packed with features that can be implemented on a landing page to encourage visitors take action. Some of those features include pop-ups and sticky navbars, which add extra opportunities for a visitor to submit an email. Unbounce also features a dynamic text replacement that allows SEM landing pages to be hyper-targeted for a visitor.
Unbounce boasts more than 15,000 visitors, including well-known brands such as the New York Times, New Balance, and Vimeo. So, if you’re looking for a reliable landing page builder, you won’t go wrong with Unbounce.
- Easy to use thanks to the drag and drop functionality;
- Includes more than 125 AI-powered templates;
- Dynamic text replacement for SEM campaigns;
- Pop-ups and sticky bars are included as part of the plan features;
- Can be used to create AMP-ready mobile pages.
- Redirects and integrations are only available on Premium and Enterprise plans;
- The tool is slightly advanced and takes more time to master than other software on this list;
- Unbound plans are quite pricey.
Unbound offers its users multiple plans; the price starts at $79/month for the Essential plan and can go up to $399/month for the Enterprise plan. Unbound offers its users a free 14-day trial.
5. Thrive Architect
Thrive Architect is a WordPress plugin, part of the Thrive Themes suite. It is the perfect choice for all WordPress site owners who are looking for a way to increase their conversions. Thrive is built to help its users achieve beautiful-looking websites that will turn visitors into leads!
Thanks to the series of customizable conversion elements, the process of creating content that converts has never been easier! Thrive can also help you achieve a number of important business goals, such as getting clicks on affiliate links, making sales with an e-commerce store, getting opt-ins for your email list, and even encouraging visitors to pick up the phone or schedule an appointment.
- Tool can be purchased as a standalone plugin or as part of the Thrive Themes suite;
- The Thrive Themes suite includes eight advanced tools, including Thrive Leads;
- Includes more than 300 landing page templates;
- Tool can be used to build mobile-friendly pages.
- Customer support has to be renewed yearly for all one-time license purchases.
Users have two choices with Thrive: sign up for Thrive Membership ($19/month) or purchase the builder license only ($67). As a Thrive Member, each user gets access to all Thrive Architect themes, products, and plugins. Buying the license gives the user unlimited access to the tool. However, the customer support has to be renewed yearly for the price of $40.
For more information on this landing page builder, make sure to read our Elementor vs Thrive Architect review.
Did you like some of the previous landing page builders but found them too expensive? Leadpages is one of the most budget-friendly options on our list. If you’re looking for a tool that will help you get a page up and running quickly and cheaply, then this tool is the perfect choice for your business. However, if you want more than just a page builder (such as A/B testing or integrations), you will have to pay for those features additionally.
Leadpages is very similar to Instapage in terms of its drag-and-drop functionality and well-designed templates. The significant difference is that Leadpages focuses on creating solutions for agencies as their high-tier accounts and not enterprises.
- User-friendly tool thanks to the drag-and-drop functionality;
- Features 156 templates;
- Allows users to build mobile-friendly pages;
- Includes conversion rate boosting extras, such as alert bars and pop-up boxes;
- On-page payments are built-in;
- Comes with an integrated Facebook Ad builder.
- A/B testing, email triggers, and certain integrations are only available on higher-tier plans;
- Lower tier support on several plans.
As already mentioned, Leadpages is one of the most affordable landing page builders you can find. The Standard Plan starts at $25/month, Pro Plan at $48/month, and the Advanced Plan will cost you $199/month. Leadpages also offers its users a free trial.
7. Divi Builder
Elegant Themes is one of the most popular WordPress theme shops. Its flagship theme, Divi, has been a huge success thanks to its intuitive drag-and-drop page builder tool. Now, it is possible to use that same page builder without having to install the Divi theme, but for full functionality and compatibility, it makes sense to get the theme as well.
Divi Builder plugin is a front-end visual editor that allows the users to effectively edit the front end of their website through a WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) interface. Using the builder is quite easy; all you have to do is click on a page element (including text) to start editing it. And since you’ll be working on the front end of your site, you will get to see how the page will look to your visitors at the same time!
- Easy-to-use page builder;
- Offers 100+ pre-built website layout packs and 700+ individual page layouts to choose from;
- 30+ customizable content modules that can be easily inserted;
- A/B testing and conversion optimization tool is included in the software.
- Divi templates aren’t entirely customizable unless a user has coding knowledge.
8. Hubspot Landing Page Builder
HubSpot is one of the most reputable tools you can find in the B2B SaaS world. They offer a Marketing Hub package, which includes a landing page builder along with some other tools, including forms, email, CTAs, live chat, and blogging. This is an all-in-one solution that can help you launch well-designed pages in no-time.
The most remarkable advantage of using Hubspot’s landing page builder is that you can tie the software into their CRM and make the most out of Hubspot’s full suite of tools. If you’re already using HubSpot or if you’ve thought about turning to their service as a CRM or email marketing solution, their landing page builder could be the icing on the cake.
- 13 free templates are included, and hundreds more are available on the Hubspot Marketplace;
- Landing pages are mobile-optimized;
- Every element on the page can be tested;
- Page builder directly integrates with Hubspot’s other tools.
- Lacks AMP mobile pages;
- Higher-tier plans can get very pricey.
Hubspot offers its users some free tools, including page builders. In addition to this plan, there is a Starter plan ($50/month), Professional plan ($800/month), and Enterprise plan ($3,200/month).
Wishpond has one unique feature that other landing page builders don’t. It offers users two options: Do it yourself or Done for you. The latter option includes a team of designers, copywriters, project managers, and marketers that are available to you at all times.
Wishpond landing page builder allows users to create a variety of landing pages quickly and with ease. All landing pages are mobile-friendly, allow the integration of custom form fields, and launch in minutes.
- More than 100 mobile-friendly landing pages;
- Other marketing tools, such as pop-ups and email marketing, are included;
- Users can carry out one-click A/B tests;
- The tool can be integrated with 300+ other services.
- The lowest-tier plan is limited to 1,000 leads;
Wishpond offers its users three different plans to choose from. The lowest-tier plan is called Starting Out, and it costs $49/month. The Everything You Need plan is $99/month, and the Rapid Growth plan costs $199/month. All users can sign up for a free trial and try out the tool before buying it.
GetResponse is very similar to Hubspot; it is an all-in-one marketing solution, not just a landing page builder. Before choosing GetResponse, or any other similar tool, it is important to keep a few things in mind.
This type of software includes multiple tools for the price of one. The downside of such a package is that the landing page builder is very unlikely to be the primary thing on their product roadmap. GetResponse is an excellent choice for all those who are looking for several tools, not just a landing page builder.
- Comes with advanced marketing tools, including marketing automation, email marketing, and webinars;
- A/B tests can be carried out;
- Users get access to more than 5,000 Shutterstock stock photos;
- Publish to the GetResponse domain or your own.
- Landing page builder is not the primary focus of this software;
- The pricing plan is contact-based; once you pass 1,000 contacts, you have to upgrade to a more advanced plan.
Just like all the other tools on our list, GetResponse offers its users a free trial. Users can also choose between four plans:
- Email ($15/month)
- Pro ($49/month)
- Max ($165/month)
- Enterprise ($1,199/month)
Landing Page Builders Wrap-up
We have presented you with ten quality landing page builders in this guide. Each tool has unique features, as well as some pros and cons. Unfortunately, we can’t help you decide which tool to sign up for. That depends on your personal needs!
For example, if you’re in need of a landing page builder, but you’re on a budget, Unbounce is the right choice for you. If you run a WordPress site and prefer building and hosting your landing pages there, you should choose between Elementor and Thrive. Anyone in need of not just a landing page builder but a whole suite of marketing tools should consider investing in Hubspot or GetResponse.
When choosing the best landing page builder for your needs, focus on getting all the features you really need within your budget. For example, maybe you’re interested in A/B testing. However, not all tools include this feature. Also, if you want to use your landing page as your checkout flow, you need to make sure that the software either has an existing checkout solution (ClickFunnels) or is easily integrated with PayPal/Stripe (Unbounce).
Best of luck getting started with your new landing page builder!